What is a life well lived? Pretty Well is a lifestyle blog that explores this question through a variety of topics told from the perspective of the writer. Anything is fair game for conversation; nothing is off limits. In all honesty, the road may twist and turn along the way as certain topics and ideas resonate with the audience. There will be light hearted posts and heavier posts from time to time. There will be posts about Jesus, health, family, growing up in the “Deep South,” and even posts about style and beauty. I’m not sure if all of these topics can exist under one web address, but I am sure going to try. This blog may be a great find for you or you may find it totally lame. Either way, I’m glad you found your way here.
Now, there are a few core beliefs that I want to always hold near and dear with Pretty Well.
- You (yes, you!) are beautiful and your life matters. I’m so over society telling us we have to act and look a certain way. I’m so over social media and the pressure it puts on us all (especially young girls). Everyone is beautiful! Every life matters!
- Life is a journey rather than a final destination. This is true for everything: faith, family, relationships of all kinds.
- A life well lived does not have to be complicated.
- There is freedom in sharing stories with each other.
- Circumstances do not have to define us, but they can propel us into action, into love, into the people we are called to be.
No matter how you arrived here, I could not be more grateful. So, sit back and stay a while, friend. I wish you many joyful days!
Jessica is an avid writer, collector of information, follower of Christ, and a true southern girl at heart.
In 2015, shortly after getting married, Jessica was diagnosed with undifferenced connective tissue disease after months of not feeling feel. She was forced to make several life changes as a result and, today, lives a cleaner and more minimalist lifestyle. Jessica understands that life with a chronic illness can be challenging, but there is still joy and wellness to be found. She wants all women to feel beautiful regardless of skin, health issues, or age.
Jessica has a heart for children of addicts, especially young girls growing up without fathers in this generation. She knows from first hand experience with her own father what this is like, and she wants the children of addicts to know that they can choose a different path for their own life.
Jessica lives just outside of Athens, GA with her husband and their super rescue pup. Jessica is a proud graduate of the University of Georgia, where she followed her passion and majored in english (and did not end up going to law school like she promised her mom). Instead, Jessica has worked for over five years in the event industry. She is a mommy-to-be and cannot wait to meet her little one soon. When she’s not busy working or writing, Jessica enjoys searching for the world’s most comfortable pair of flats, being a big sissy, watching animated movies, and taking strolls around the neighborhood.